TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
FIDIC conditions of contract are increasingly being used in the international construction industry and for projects financed by international development banks. Being familiar with the Red and Yellow Book is a condition for successful international expansion whether as a consulting engineer, contractor or other professionals involved with implementation and management of works contracts.
BASIC MODULE 1:
FIDIC Conditions of Contract for Construction (Red Book) and Conditions of Contract for Plant and Design Build (Yellow Book).
The training programme covers:
- Introduction to FIDIC
- FIDIC Contract Documents
- Responsibilities of the Main Parties
- Management of Projects
- Tests on Completion
- Financial Procedures
- Suspension and Termination
- Risk, Liability and Force Majeure
- Claims, Dispute and Arbitration Cases
ADVANCED MODULE 1:
FIDIC Contract Documents, conflicts and disputes related to Responsibilities of the Parties, Management of Projects, Tests on Completion, Financial Procedures, Suspension and Termination and Risk, Liability and Force Majeure.
It is an advanced training programme specially designed for Consulting Engineers, Contractors, Quantity Surveyors, Public Contract Administrators or other professionals involved in construction work and contracts administration.
Admission criteria are: actual practical experience of more than 5 years in using the FIDIC contract documents or having successfully attended the Basic FIDIC Module 1 Course. The session lessons and discussions will be based upon a construction case study and related infrastructure works. The participants will analyse the case study and applying the various contracts clauses, will manage the entire construction project.
Claims and Dispute Resolution under FIDIC
Implementation Strategy on Infrastructure Projects
Management & Administration of FIDIC Contracts
- Contract Documents (What documents form the Contract, essential requirements)
- Start-up (Steps prior to signing the contract, activities related to launching the project)
- Financial Control (Payments, cash-flow and financial monitoring of the project)
- Ongoing supervision (Procedures related to time an quality management)
- Taking Over the Works (Preparing and managing this important project milestone)
- Defects Liability, Completion, (What is Completion and what liabilities are coming after?)
- Termination (the procedures and the Parties’ rights)
This training course explains and illustrates the practical use of the FIDIC Conditions of Contract for Construction (the “Construction Contract”) and the FIDIC Conditions of Contract for Plant and Design-Build (the “Design-Build Contract”). The course is designed to help the participants have confidence in working with these documents whether representing Employers, Consultants or Contractors. It provides extensive checking measures and work exercises to give all delegates a comprehensive understanding of proper management of these contracts.